When Aether decided to show off how functional their ski stuff and motorcycle jackets really are they decided to do it by motorcycle. The video, Chasing Winter combines two passions: motorcycles and skiing. Continue reading
New Camp Stove Goes Off the Grid
The stove burns wood but uses a thermoelectric generator to run a fan that makes the fire ultra efficient. Think of it like a miniature blast furnace. The electrical energy can also be used to charge small electrical appliances- like a phone or MP3 player.
Weighing only 33 ounces the makers claim a liter of water can be brought to a boil in only 4 1/2 minutes using less than 2 ounces of wood. A home version is also in the works.
There are dozens of quality backpack tents on the market. The new Spitfire 2 from Eureka offers a durable two person tent that packs light and sets up easy.
The Eureka Spitfire 2 Tent provides all the ventilation and headroom of the Spitfire in a tent that sleeps two comfortably. Set up is fast and easy with post and grommet corner attachments and clips to attach the tent body to the Spitfire 2 frame.
This tent is well made, packs light and sets up easy. It’s a big value for the price and makes a great choice for backpackers and hikers who want travel light.
- Material: Wall – 70D nylon, 1200 mm, Fly – 75D Stormshield polyester, 1200 mm, Floor – 70D nylon taffeta, 1200mm, Mesh – 40D No-see-um
- 2 pole hoop style tent
- 9 mm DAC Featherlite 7000 series aluminum frame and clip attachments make the Spitfire 2 set up fast
- Post and grommet corner attachments with locking end tips make set up easy
- 4 storm guyouts on fly
- 2 side opening doors are constructed entirely of no-see-um mesh
- Sizeable mesh panels for air flow in the Spitfire 2
- 2 interior storage pockets hold essentials
- Bathtub floor with taped seams wraps up sides of Spitfire 2 tent to protect against splashing rain
- Poke-out vent in fly has zippered access via mesh roof cloth
- Sleeps: 2
- Seasons: 3
- Vents: Poke out vent in fly
- Doors: 2
- Windows: Full Panel Mesh
- Storage Pockets: 2
- Frame: 9 mm DAC Featherlite 7000 series Aluminum
- Center Height: 3’7″
- Tent Area: 38.76 sq. ft.
- Floor Size: 10’9″ x 5’10″ x 4’4.5″
- Pack Size: 5″ x 17″
- Min Weight: 4 lbs. 3 oz.